FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Change to mobile device appearance/format?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 03:10 PM   #49
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
FYI, I asked my programmer to remove the Adsense Auto-ads code, as I think it may have been chasing people away with the intrusive ads. But I intent to monitor things to see how it goes. If it doesn't make any difference in traffic either way, but knocks back the income from the Adsense ads substantially, then I will ask my programmer to re-implement it.

So if anyone has any comments pro, con, or neutral about this stuff, please chime in here. I would rather make decisions based on some input, but wouldn't be the first time I have just bitten the bullet to see what happens.
Well, FYI, things have really nosedived with the Google Adsense income after my programmer disabled the autoads thing, so I have asked him to re-enable it. Income is less than a third of what it was prior.

This might not be the entire reason for the significant drop in Adsense revenue, though, as quite likely this COVID-19 issue is also taking it's toll here in a number of ways. As people lose their jobs, or the fear thereof, paid memberships and paying advertisers will certainly drop like a rock. Even general participation here will likely drop off substantially as I believe many people tend to use the networks where they work for a substantial portion of their internet browsing. And are people really going to be interested in viewing ads of animals and products that they can not really afford to invest in right now?

So it behooves me, I believe, to not disable anything that might bring in even a little bit of extra income for this site for as long as it works as it was designed. I apologize if this causes people heartburn with their viewing this site on their mobile devices. I wish the world were just perfect for everyone, but obviously that is not the case. So I just have to make the best decisions I can, with everything I can think of in mind.