FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ad’s with no price
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #6
Socratic Monologue
I agree with Rich and Steve, with just a couple exceptions. There is a seller of (mostly) hognose snakes here who does not list prices, and apparently sells many with ease. Browse that section and you'll figure out who it is. Likely his buyers know who he is, and know what they'll be paying, roughly. Sellers who move animals based on their quality rather than their prices -- and who don't mind if they miss the tire kickers -- are in this category.

Some animals are such that if you have to consider price in order to make your decision, you're likely not interested anyway. Picasso rosy boas might be an example of this, or at least were when there was only one person selling them. One of a kind-ish animals that are well known in the proper circles are what I'm thinking of here.

But yeah, most ads without prices are just ignorable. Some sellers seem to want to do much, much more back and forth during the sale than is remotely necessary, and might make a potential buyer request a price just to get that superfluous interaction rolling. I typically dislike those transactions -- usually, I just want to buy a reptile, not find a soulmate.