FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - New Mexico state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #30
jj-mitchell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I am going to have to ask Charlie Painter about this one. He is the NM Game and Fish Herpetologist, and invited me to work with him next summer. Hopefully I remember this post so I can ask him next time we see each other.

Though I do know of some alligators up in the Appalachians where they are not natives, they found their way into a hot springs and made it home. Saw that on discovery a couple of years ago. This was on the top of a mountain...LOL. They think someone released them up there. Oh, and they were not multiplying, there were only 2 or 3, as far as I can remember.
I understand that animals can adapt to abnormal circumstances and live places they shouldnt, and was not intending this to be an insult toward any one .... That statement came from the woman that handles alot of the permit info, I believe her name is Latisha or something simmilar. I have never had any dealings with the state herpetologist and am not second guessing his judgement, he is put in a very difficult spot deciding what can be and cannot. I can assure you I would never want to be in his shoes no matter what decision you make you are going to make someone mad. I just had hopes that the people that decide on permits were better informed