FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 02:15 PM   #78
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Brian,

the rule about the receipts has been on the books for as long as I can remember. Yes you are supposed to have records of origin on every animal you have I on hand in stock. You do not have to keep the records with you at a show but they must be made available to the Officer at your place of normal business or residence. Once the animal is sold the requirement to keep the document is gone. At that time you can destroy the receipt. The only exception to this rule is on American Alligators or animals that are protected under ESA, and Venomous Reptiles. Anything normal and non venomous you can throw away the receipts once it is sold. I personally keep all the receipts from when I purchase an animal for 5 years for my own well being. Alot of sellers don't care if they get a receipt when they purchase anything but I always ask for one. That is why I asked for one from you when I purchased those Amazons from you last year in West Palm. You looked kind of funny when I asked for a receipt but gave me one.

Jerry,

Had you or anyone asked the seller right off the bat "do you have your license to sell these animals?" and if they said no told them you were not interested nothing would have happened. But if you ask, and they say they don't or don't have it with them and you purchase the animals you or whomever would be in violation