FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Corucia zebrata alfredschmidti
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #6
Kisha
I totally understand! I've been trying to re-mud and paint a wall in the midst of all my excitement. I have been downstairs staring at my skinks to see if I can figure out the difference, there is no way I'm going to try to count scales. Those pictures I took put me in deffinate peril. I think I see what you mean, though, about the different yellows and the turquoise head color. I always counted that difference to regional color variations like all the others. Did you see the thread on the "other" board about a "leucistic" PTS? I have always been a bit leery of naming a color morph that may just be normal variation. But you know how people are. I'm just happy to have them breeding, I don't really care what color they are.

Back to something you said earlier when we were discussing the sick twin, you asked if he had raised scales or halfmoon shaped ridges. His scales are not particularly raised, but they do have the half moon ridges that you described. I have seen this before with 2 of my others that I acquired in not very good shape. I assumed it was due to poor shedding, as they were in better conditions the shedding took care of itself but the ridges remained. The little guy, we named him Zeke, has always been kept in as high a humid environment as I can muster. He has always had trouble shedding, is that what causes this or is it something else? He seems to be enjoying his new, now semi-permenant, home I'll keep you posted. Now I have to go bathe my dogs.

Kisha