FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #242
CheriS
I think you missed the whole point, this thread does not exist because of one unwanted email, this post was added to an existing thread because of the way that email was harvested and used. Poor ethic are not just one thing or in this case one email, they usually are many constant things and someones ongoing pattern of actions, claims or behavior that the majority of people would find offensive or unprofessional. Some may consider anything you can use to make money off of as acceptable, heaven knows we have seen it in others on here many times, but I do not. You have a thread and poll on this site that ask about what makes a professional, even in your poll the majority are saying knowledge, ethics, reputation and quality.

Please note, I placed the header in the prior post, there was no way of telling this was spam as it was hidden under another's name and business, not under Fire and Ice or the owner(s). Maybe that was not made clear in my prior post, hard to just delete it as spam when you can not tell it was until it was opened as the real intent and source is hidden. It was sent to an email that ONLY exist on a Yahoo list, no other place anyone could have give it out at or registered with it from, so there is no doubt where or how is was taken from. It was what is called harvested. Something I and anyone else I know of consider unprofessional and sneaky.

Maybe you do not understanding how these things really are done, its not that you put your email out to someone and then that person spams you or even sells your email to others to spam you. Its the way it is taken from other's site and used, not voluntarily by either the site or the person who registered on that site. If you still do not understand this, I will be glad to explain it in more detail in private and not use up space on this thread