FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Spectacular Radio Show on Keeper's Rights & Fights
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #22
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking Up Serpents View Post
Here we go again. Rodeny went off about micro chipping and USARK's Best Managment practices. Truth be told there are no mentions of chips or fees and licenses in ARK's NC model legislation.
It basically calls for secure caging, "locking/latching enclosures and transport containers" for venomous, big constrictors and crocs/gators. What's the big fuss? Even Sterilite/Rubbermaid tubs have latches on the lids before you pull 'em off to go against the heat tape better.
It's just common sense. No one wants any of those listed animals above in a tank with bricks or books making it secure.
i agree that usark didnt put in frees and micro chips for andrews state but this is right from the email usark sent me the other day and this it what started the whole complaint on my part. if you read it you can see where it says registration and micro chips. please read it and let me know what you think about it.

why would andrew wyatt suggest registration and micro chips for other peoples states and not his own

USARK rejects the designation of "Dangerous" to describe to any reptile. We understand that there are occupational risks involved in the captive husbandry of the largest examples of five large snake species, and venomous reptiles. It is the position of USARK that only experienced and serious keepers should work with these animals. However, it is important to consider that there is no evidence to suggest that these risks are any greater than those associated with working with other traditional types of livestock or pets - indeed, the measurable risk is significantly less. USARK has developed model legislation that can be enacted at the state level to ensure that keepers working with certain reptiles adhere to strict caging standards, safety protocols, escape prevention plans, registration and micro-chipping.

and this is why i say usark is selling out the big snake venomous and croc keepers. as you can see it says certain reptiles. they only want bmp's writing into law for certain reptiles.