FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Pine snake
Thread: Pine snake
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
WebSlave
Pine snake

I was out cutting some weeds and brush today with a long bladed lopper when I spotted a snake coiled under the area I had just cut. Turned out to be a pine snake, I guess around 3.5 ft long. Looked like a female. Had to chase her around a little bit before I could pick her up. She squirmed and huffed a little bit about being handled but never attempted to bite. Did get a little bit of musk, too. I had to carry her around a bit to go find Connie so I could show her. The piney calmed down pretty good and seem interested in the new experience.

I guess I should have grabbed my camera, but that would have meant handing the pine to Connie, and not to sure she would have been keen on that idea. So I just walked the pine snake back to where I found here and sent her on her way. Sorry about not getting any pics.

Don't really see many pine snakes around here, and they aren't especially pretty. This one might have been going into or coming out of being opaque as the eyes looked a bit smoky. I sure am glad she didn't lift her head up to see what was going on when I cut the brush above her, otherwise I would have felt awful had I cut her up real badly.