FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - kingsnake!what are the odds
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
~Just Curious~
Wow! Very cool! 'Tis the season, but it's still some luck finding a gravid one like that. That's real nice looking too, I believe the yellow/brown ones are coastals.
However~
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuma View Post
... we dont have snakes here in this neighborhood ... we did find snake shed when we first moved in here like 3 years ago but figured pet or something. ... figured it must be someones pet that got out or escaped dont know cause def not wild this thing is like 3+feet long so no way this thing is wild and still alive, here in this neighborhood there is possums and cats and dogs,i mean no way its wild what the heck would it eat anyways ... BTW:no one has looked or asked about the snake i have asked my neighbors and they are like what in your backyard oh nonono like its a disease or something crazy ppl.
I live in Orange County too and we do have wild cal kings. They're coming out right now so they're actually fairly common. I'm sure you don't often see them in your neighborhood, but they're not too far away and probably drift in from time to time.

Animal control will redirect reptile calls to our local snake removal team, I'm not a volunteer for that (They're more after people in San Bernardino and Riverside) but the herp association & rescue I'm a member of often meets up with them. Just last week they removed these two (In addition to seven rattlers, a night snake, and three gophers) from residential areas.

So we certainly do have some snakes here. I'm betting your gal is also wild, looks like she has some healed marks on her so I'm thinking she must have survived nature (or cats and dogs anyways) for some time. I wouldn't worry.
But anyways, congrats on your find and good luck with the eggs~

P.S. Your son's so cute!!! I love how he reacted to finding a snake! <3