FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 05:39 AM   #14
hhmoore
Well - I have to give you both credit then (for different reasons, of course).
Her recognizing that your fear/anxiety could dump the responsibility in her lap could be a big concern, especially if she has no interest in having a snake.
I think it is interesting and commendable that though you admit to being terrified, you still want one. I urge you to be realistic, though. Make sure you can deal with it before making the step. It the fair thing for all 3 of you.
It is also good to see people realistically assessing their lives and the changing conditions BEFORE making any type of pet purchase. Too many pets are the victims of "we're moving and can't take it with us" or "we just moved and can no longer keep it".
Since you have a reptile place reasonably close, I would guess that you have already spent some time working over your fears. Unless you feel you need her for moral support, you might want to make a few trial runs with holding a snake on your own...just to get you used to it. It wouldn't help your cause if you had some sort of melt down when the salesperson hands you the snake, lol. Besides, think how brave you'll appear when you overcome a longtime phobia .
Best of luck!