FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Jamaican Boas Breeding
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #92
cguarino30
Well, it looks like I jumped the gun on the quail chicks. Of the nine holdbacks that were offered one, only one managed to eat it. Many of the other quail chicks appear to have been moved around a bit, so the babies may have made some attempt to feed, but given up due to the size/awkwardness of the new food item. Because of this, I'm hoping that it will be an easy transition, when they are ready for it. Looking at the one that did feed (escapee #3 aka baby #27), the bulge is significantly larger than that of a chick thigh, so I'm thinking I should hold off on quail chicks for at least a few more weeks. I will offer a chick thigh in a couple of days to the 8 that passed on the quail chick.

All 16 of the other good feeders ate their chick thigh. Three of these also ate their pinky mouse. The one that ate the pinky mouse last week did not eat the pinky this week, though. Either way, I have separated out the 4 that have eaten a pinky in addition to a thigh, and will continue to work toward getting them to eat pinkies. The others will be offered pinkies periodically, though I am not especially concerned with getting them onto pinkies.

None of the three problem feeders ate anything offered last night. I have removed the f/t items from all cages, and have moved the other bahaman anole to the cage with the one that ate the anole last week. We shall see if he/she eats the new anole tonight. Fingers crossed

As for the other two that have yet to eat anything, I will be going to Hamburg on Saturday, and hopefully I will find a large number of smaller, green anoles or similar lizards to attempt to use as feeders. If that does not work, I am pretty much out of ideas.