FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #30
RachelSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
Actually that's wrong, according to Ashley she lost 3 snakes AFTER the incident:

So what was the cause of death? Healthy snakes normally don't just drop dead. I already posted Dr. Jacobson's statement regarding the lack of inclusion bodies not always signifying the absence of IBD

Agreed, and that's why the thread is a "INFO" thread, so people who bother to research can see there MAY be a problem.

I know you would want to know if there was the slightest chance a potential purchase of yours COULD have a problem. Quarantine or not, after what I have read people like BWSmith and others experience even with their strict quarantine, I certainly wouldn't risk it.
The thing that worries me with quarantine is that if there is even a CHANCE IBD can be airborne, quarantine in the same building is useless. Unless you can get from room A where the quarantine is, to room B, with showering, fresh clothes being brought to you, and being in a sterile environment, anyone who keeps boas or pythons can SERIOUSLY be screwed.