FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The PROOF that venomoid snakes are not safe!`
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:36 PM   #72
devenomized
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
So let me see if I am reading this right.
Vipers cannot regenerate even if tissue is missed but elapids can?
Sabatini micro chips his voids?
Gabbys are freehandled? The fangs on those snakes are HUGE and could cause serious damage whether or not they inject venom.
Why void a snake if you cannot guarentee the surgery and state they should be treated as an intact snake? Seems to me that if you follow your own advice, there is no need for the surgery in the first place.
A) Reparative regrowth is the ability to regenerate tissue on reptiles. Venomous snakes have that ability. Due to the distance between fangs and venom gland, according to Dr. Fry, it has been proven that Elapids that ONLY had a ductectomy whether partial or full can potentially regrowth duct tissue that can "reconnect" fang to venom gland. However, because on vipers the distance between venom gland and fangs is not as close as elapids, vipers could reconstruct partial tissue, but not sufficient enough to reconnect the gland to the venom duct. This is ONLY possible on elapids and if and ONLY if the venom glands are intact. That's why if a venomous snakes had a full adenectomy (removal of glands), this entire statement is false.

Logic formula:

p --> q only True when p is true and q is true

If the gland is intact after a ductectomy on an Elapid (p), then the snake can potentially regrow duct tissue (q).

B) Venomoid, Inc has been implanting microchips all venomoids sold.

C) Vipers are not free handled behind the table due to what you said; however, Gary claims as well as other people that a few years ago someone was handling a void Gabby. It is what it is, if someone was doing that, it's not done anymore. If the culprit was wearing a hat, then maybe i'm guilty.

D) Only my subjective opinion, but I will guess it is a liability release form.