FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 1st Savannah questions
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #1
magrima
1st Savannah questions

Hi all. I have/had many kinds of smaller lizards over the years. Armadillo lizards, plated lizards, croc and berber skinks, and ackies. I'm looking to move up to a savannah monitor as I've wanted one forever. I have a T25 AP Plastic tank with dimensions 72"L x 30"D x 18"T currently vacant and ready to be occupied. My question is how long before the savannah would outgrow that size tank assuming I get a fairly young one to start? I will be moving into a house I currently rent out when their lease is up which will have a room I will dedicate to the Sav, but that won't be for about 1.5 years. For you experienced Sav owners, will this be adequate until that time or will he grow enough that it would be too cramped given substrate, hides and such. I try to give as much room to all my pets and the last thing i want is for him to be stuffed in something too small.

On a side note I have been doing tons of research on the care of these guys but if you feel there is any specific things worth mentioning or any off hand advice I'd love to hear it. Thanks!