FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - (Super) Hypo Tangerine = co-dominant?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 01:21 PM   #69
Golden Gate Geckos
aarrrghhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFgeckos
however i think there still needs to be alot of test breeding before coming to any 100% conclusions. the reason being is that MOST breeders crossed their hine hypo immediately into lines of tangerines and super hypo tangerines and then kept the best "tangerine x hine" offspring. the original "hine hypos" from '01 (and prior) are in fact quite "ugly" in my opinion, being white/off yellow with a faded body coloration. they are nothing spectacular (my opinion) compared to the "hine hypos" that u seen today since most had orange/tangerine or even high yellow influences bred into them. im not 100% sure that those are the "ghost" leos being sold now, but they sure resemble them to me? anyways just my experiences
Excellent post, Jon. This is a very good explanation as to 'why' we may not have all the answers people are seeking at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBoa
just sayin that chad is pretty knowledgeable about genetics and that being new to the community doesnt mean he doesnt know anything
Vinny, NO ONE is disputing Chad's understanding of genetics at all... just his understanding of Leopard Gecko genetics. Leo genetics can be extremely frustrating, and perhaps even more so for those that do have 'advanced' levels of genetics comprehension. But, I think what the thrust of this heated discussion is all about boils down to is the fact that those that have actually worked with these morphs are finding that the textbook rules may or may not apply here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablohogs
my genetics information comes mainly from cable tv, text books, science magazines, terry dunham, my own experience working with them and here. not to mention the phone conversations ive had with vinny (diabloboa) and jeremiah (Diablo Snakefarm).
Chad, once again you are relying on your knowledge of snake genetics! Aarrrghhh!!! IMO, the more you try to compare Leopard Gecko genetics to that of snakes, the more frustrated you can become! Perhaps you should be talking directly to the folks that actually work with Leopard Geckos instead of your other resources? You might have a much better chance of finding the answers you are looking for if you actually spoke to Ray Hine, Kelli Hammack, Alby Scholl, Jon Ho, Charles Bona, and many others that have been working with these morphs for a number of years before you base your comments on the opinions of those that have not. I know that I have learned more from these people's experiences than even my own, and I have found that most LG folks would be more than happy to have the opportunity to share what they have learned in a non-combative conversation.