FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 03:10 AM   #2413
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
here ya go Jamie...
Robert, by letter of the terms, concluded that Michelle was in the right and Ty was in the wrong.

Then he went on to speak to his perspective. His included consideration for the weighing of sacrifices involved. Robert offered what he would have done and how he felt about it as well as how he felt about the presentation of information. He was not stating a mandate of what Michelle must do or anything like that, but it was a window into his perspective that he shared with us. When I have been faced with making choices in a particular past environment within which I had to effectively operate, my superiors would demand of me to declare the choice of what is best. That is mental framing. I told them I could not abide by the request as framed, but I could decide upon which of our go-forward choices was, as I reframed it according to my viewpoint, least worst. What is the difference? The outcome of the choice can sometimes be similar, but the approach to the choice originates differently. From what I read of Robert's posting, he was, while considering risk, reframing things in his perspective in the context of the "least worst" that I spoke of. On this topic, his perspective and mine were not completely aligned, but I valued his thoughts as much as my own and I thought them through accordingly. I know it ruffled feathers for some, but it did not ruffle mine and I would rather it be shared than withheld. I think the counterpoints were reasonable so as to not settle too comfortably into what might be considered certain. Especially with the element of external parties having decision-making power over the outcome. There was room for considering more than a binary decision.

The echo chamber was identified as an environmental weakness for one party, so by having the benefit of multiple perspectives, the other party was able to consider counterpoints and then brace for the possibility of them being used. I find value in that. How is strength of belief tempered if untested? The challenge drives us to become stronger.