FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What do you feel is fair to charge
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFexotics View Post
and look at me tell me to take the whole collection and do this with as they are going to die otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFexotics View Post
As I have spent Thousands out of pocket to nurse their animals back to health and they act like I shouldn't get anything.
IMHO with the completely about face, you were taken for a ride by your so called 'friends' from the get go. While they may indeed have been facing difficulties, there is no universe where a friend would not offer their friend something for this mountain of work that you put in.
You need to be paid for your time and expenses. Present them with a bill for $6,000 or whatever you feel the time and expenditures come to. Expect a lot of noise from them, maybe some publicity, even threats of legal action.

A LOT hinges on any sort of agreement that was made. Any piece of writing. Any verbal agreement made when witnesses were present. If it is a bailment and that is what it sounds like it is, the original agreement allegedly did offer you compensation as you are saying here, that you were offered a divide of any clutches. I think that this offer for compensation could be raised in court (if it goes that far) as an implication that some payment was indeed planned. That being the case, negotiating a fair amount for your bill with written backups of rodent.bedding costs and an estimate of your time should be persuasive.
I tossed out $6,000 but to me that is a lowball guess. You were caring for 140+ ball pythons . I've owned ball pythons and they are heavy bodied snakes with poops to match, you have to clean all that up, with fresh water in the water bowls, that takes a lot of time.