FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #307
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73 View Post
I agree, but it looks as though the only way this will get resolved is through legal action. Unless Kevin comes back on and straightens things out.
(I don't agree with that). Imo the refund/snake should be given and legal action pursued by Andrew. All his stubbornness has achieved is given them the legal upper hand. As I stated earlier in the thread, he's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopefully Kevin will come back and address the comment he made about wanting the higher value boa and salvage this, but I have my reservations.
Just as Andrew can speculate on what the motivation was behind Kevin, Sean and Connor, it can be speculated on why certain things were said.

Kevin makes that comment near the end of their conversations before the BOI comes up. At this point, Kevin has Connor and Sean, who are clearly taking advantage of the entire situation, likely convincing him this is what he deserves. Kevin is angry, just as Andrew is angry and he gives an ultimatum. It really is not that difficult to figure. If you are angry and you have people feeding into that anger and whispering in your ear, peer pressure is not that inprobable to cave into.

While Kevin has his own guilt in this scenario, just from speaking to him myself and seeing everything else, I believe he is a victim of his own ignorance and was easily manipulated by Sean and Connor. Whether or not he was aware of the manipulation enough to stop it remains to be seen, but regardless of if he demanded his money or a higher end animal it does not change the fact that Andrew made serious mistakes when shipping the animal and, as a result, that animal died. It is easy to get lost in the whole "well, someone attempted blackmail" issue, but it does not justify holding onto the money or holding onto a replacement animal until someone comes back to kiss the other person's in order to heal their ego.

A lot can be speculated on, and that is part of the problem, but the facts point to mistakes in shipping killing the animal and that really is the bottom line.