FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus Document from University of Florida
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #75
Cat_72
I would guess that it was aimed at the big-scale breeders and whoever else who use the expense of testing and/or the loss of income from NOT breeding positive dragons as an excuse not to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Dragons
Eventually you would be left with only animals that whose "genetics were better than others", wouldn't you?
I suppose that is possible...or end up wiping out most of the Beardie population in general. But until that point, as it continues to grow more and more prevalent, and the supposed "genetically superior" animals evolve, what do we do with all of the less fortunate, "non-genetically superior" animals we keep pumping out? You know, the ones who DO get sick and die, and suffer in the process. The ones that break people's hearts when they do all they can, but their pets wither and die regardless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Dragons
No one doing research is going to commit to drawing lines.
Unless I am mistaken, I believe Dr. Jacobsen specifically recommended NOT breeding positive dragons. I'd call that a starting line drawn.