FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry David Freeman Carolina Classic Dragons
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #30
dragonluver83
Before I post i would like to state that I am pretty neutral in this situation. I respect David and his work. As a fellow breeder I would not hesitate to recommend David to anyone.

An as for Anthony, he is a new guy trying to get started. He asks alot of question (trust me ) and has a passion for this hobby.

As for the situation, I know Anthony doesnt have the rep. or credibility. But after time has gone by I know he's not trying to get over on anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaldrago View Post
Let's check out some facts here... I think Dave Freeman understands dragons and how to care for them... The simple fact that Dave loves his hobby and his business and cares about the quality of his dragons speaks volumes.
Thats very nice, but what does it has to do with the d.o.a.?

Hey maybe thats a good point. Dave knows his stuff, has been around awhile. Why did he wait 2 hrs for first contact on a d.o.a. ? I think thats the only thing I dont like.

Did that dragon sit in the box for two hours inside, with a heat pack? Did he open the box at the time of arrival and it was dead? Then tried to revive it?

Quote:
And i'm sorry anyone with the email mdskillz1717 and pictures of guns does not give me faith in a dragon breeder of quality and also bringing it on here to discredit someone instead of dealing like mature adults over a business deal gets zero respect from me.
Judging a book by it's cover??? You will learn one day my friend.
Pictures and hobbies dont tell you anything about a man's business eithic's.
My hobbies and business ethic's are black and white.

Quote:
If Dave sent me a dead dragon he would gladly compensate for it.
Really has this happened? If you waited 2 hours to contact David to say "hey your dragon is dead" Would his first response be okay your replacement will be shipped out tomorrow? (no offense dave trying to make a point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Dave, Do you have any pictures of the dragon that lived? If the point of discontent is the worth of each dragon, a few pictures for the members to compare might help.

You say the one that died is the more expensive dragon and the OP says it is the one that lived. So maybe with a few pics of the live one, some of this he said, he said could be cleared.
As David has stated its a matter of opinion. BUT the coloration of the two animals are close to the same. So in this case the translucent (one that died) is worth less. The only time a dragon of lesser genetic's is worth more than a higher genetic animal, is based on color. Like if that translucent was solid orange or solid red. Thats usually the ONLY time something of lower genetic's is more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Gauvin View Post
Imo, Dave did notify you within a reasonable amount of time. It doesn't matter if he tried to revive her. I'd be more concerned if he didn't care enough to try. I don't remember if the price included shipping, but if it did, I'd deduct shipping costs and refund half of the balance.
:eek3:
I am going to agree with you. Except on the notifying time. Two hours after receiving a d.o.a. Is alittle long. Beings it is David I personally WOULD give him the benefit of doubt by saying it was a D.O.A. And Working on a refund.

As for the refund. I think you guys should meet in the middle. Dave you want 400. IMHO its not fair for a 400 split.... The hypo trans IS worth more.

If you take shipping (anthony paid for) deduct it which was $65

total is $735 divided by two is $367.50......

NOW Anthony said 300 Dave wants 400. Dave only paid 367.50 for the animal. Why and the hell should he get 400 back?

SO why cant both of you do 350 and put this to bed???

Quote:
I see where you are going.

As this was a package deal, then in my opinion, half should be returned. She was a beautiful girl.
So if you sold two cars to a buyer. You sold your mercedes for 6000 and your ford pinto for 500. and the pinto quit running and the customer wanted half of that 6500 hundred back, you would refund them 3250 for the pinto???

Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all.
An the price is in the hands of the seller.

I hate to break up the N.C. ban wagon but telling this man to take option A or option B isnt going to get David any money back. This man can walk away and not give him anything. So lets try working with each other.

Since the price of one dragon was only 367.50 ( not to mention Anthony paid paypal fees on 800 bucks)

Can we get 350 to resolve it? You both are more mature than this...