FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 04:53 AM   #117
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Quote:
minus the venom, snakes generally don't vary as much as people think AND often it's the harmless ones that are more aggro!
yes i agree but what we are getting at is the venomous side of it. we are not talking about aggressive we are talking about possible envenomation. that is the whole point. as u may have read in one of my earlier posts i poked at and played with baby copperheads when i was 5 and they did not bite me but the point i am making is that aggression isnt the problem its the possibility for envenomation. it was dumb of me to poke and pick up baby copperheads at 5 but i didnt know anything about snakes and so i was wondering what they were. at that age like ALL kids if i seen someone else do it i was going to do it. thats the point im getting at. if you free handle venomous, venomoid or hot and a child sees it what do you think they are going to go do? all kids want to act like their hero or act like an adult does. that is my point. im not worried about what you do infront of adults, adults should be capable of exercising common sense, children dont have that knowledge and there for cant separate right and wrong like we can. do you have children? how many times have you are seen someone you know say dont do that to a child and they go do it anyway? the best teacher is actions. you cant tell a child do what i say not as i do because 90% of the time they are going to try to be you and do just what you do. my 14 month old daughter says oh s**t when she falls now, why? because she heard me say it and when i tell her not to say it she just looks at me and says it again and when i spank her for it what does she do? cries and says it again. the point is if i didnt do it she wouldnt have done it so its my fault not hers so now i have to stop saying it to break her of it but if a child gets bit by a venomous snake because they saw you do it it might be too late to break them of it dont u think?