FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #120
timebider
I'm just now seeing this thread, so someone else may have already addressed this, but: I see you live in Alexandria, a couple cities over from me. If it is not already illegal to own a venomous snake there (which I actually don't think it is yet), it likely soon will be. Did you see the Washington Post article a while back about the guy whose escaped hots resulted in a major change to Arlington statutes? The article indicated that Alexandria was considering a ban on venomous snakes as well, and naturally there is strong community support. I haven't followed any pending local legislative debates, but did your extensive research extend to considering legal aspects of ownership, current and pending?

That's a real question, the answer to which I'm curious to read, but I also have a comment: your opposition to people using "venom 'grows back'" as an excuse not to perform this procedure is just nonsensical. I doubt "growing back" is the technically accurate terminology for what happens, but it has been shown repeatedly and conclusively that venomoid snakes can and do still produce venom. So. Take that for whatever it's worth to you; you seem to be very set in your "feelings."