FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hay's Haven
Thread: Hay's Haven
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2003, 01:44 PM   #102
Darin Chappell
Gary,

Are you planning on reporting Jason to HSUS over this? That's what I got from your answers to Jason's letter, but I want to make certain I understand you correctly on this.

I'm with you about the fact that you are owed a refund of $150.00, and I also agree that Jason has severely, if not fatally, damaged his reputation as an honest individual. However, I really cannot see how ANY good can come from bring HSUS into a deal like this!

It may be that your local people are the greatest animal lovers in the world, and that they fully understand that your animals are cared for in the very best of conditions! They may fully agree that reptiles make wonderful pets, and that they should never be considered dangerous for responsible owners. But what will they do with the information you provide them? Will they keep it to themselves at the local level, or will they forward that information up the line to those in HSUS that very much want to BAN the ownership of all reptiles for private citizens?!?!?

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water! Jason, pay this man his money! He has given you the documentation you asked for. You sent him animals, he took them to the vet the same day, they died, and his vet has offered to talk to you about their illness. That is more proof than you EVER get in this business! Is it POSSIBLE that Gary is in cahoots with his vet and they worked out this grand scheme to scam you ought of $150? Sure, but do you REALLY think that's what has happened here? Wouldn't it have been better for them to be doing this on high morph ball pythons or something instead of geckos??? Pay the man before he does something that will hurt everyone!

Gary, are you really so hung up about the $150 that you're willing to bring more reproach on the herp industry through HSUS? Over $150?!?!?!? I'm sorry, but I think that is rediculous. If it were me, I'd write that money off and say bad things about Jasosn every where I went. I'd keep this thread popping up once a month or so, just to remind everyone what a scammer he was. I would make certain that I sent him cards every so often, just so he knew I would never forget about his refusal to do what is right, but I would NEVER bring HSUS into this, or any other reptile deal!

The organization is all about making animal rights equal with human rights from a legal perspective, which will bring the pet industry down. They know they can't start something that radical by attacking kitten sales, so they use reptiles instead. If you bring HSUS into this mess, Gary, you'd be helping them do that. I'm sorry but I just cannot go along with you on that!