FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Updates to the infraction system
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 03:41 AM   #4
WebSlave
Also, please bear in mind that I am still tweaking these values, and changes are likely. The infractions will get more weight to them, and the penalties for activities detrimental to this site will become easier to be slapped with. Quite frankly, I am just getting really fed up with the personal bitch slapping I am seeing between members here over opinions and really petty issues. Even on the BOI. Labelling someone as a "bad guy" and making an opinion about their business practices is one thing, but flat out calling someone a "scumbag", "asshole", "jackass", or the like just is not conducive to a professional and mature atmosphere. So I want that to STOP.

The goal here is to gradually pull this site into shape, and allow people who want to change their posting MO the chance to do so before being banned. The purpose is not to ban members, it's to coerce them to change so this site can shake the nasty reputation it has gotten over the years from the nasty mannerisms that some have been inflicting on others. That WILL end here. PERMANENT bans will be used as necessary to make that happen.

I have had people complain that they haven't gotten enough warning before being given an infraction..... Well, infractions ARE warnings. They are the shots across your bow that your actions are not appropriate, nor are they welcome here. The shots are to get your attention that a shot is imminent, targeting below your water line to sink you out of here. Infractions are NOT the penalties, the BANS are. The infractions are warning you that something is amiss with the way you are acting here, so if you want to remain, then a change in your mannerisms in posting needs to change.

Yes, I know that some of the sharp tongued devils here are witty and entertaining with their backhand slaps at others, but that is not what this site, and specifically the BOI, are here for. The BOI will be of absolutely no use to anyone if it has no credibility and is not taken seriously as incentive for people to endeavor to do GOOD business.

So I'm asking for everyone's help with this. Not only in how you personally interface with others here, but to keep a sharp eye out and report those posts made by others they are being destructive to the goals mentioned above. Quite likely, if posts are not reported, then then will very likely never be seen by someone who can and will do something about them.

So please, help US to help YOU make this site better for everyone EXCEPT the bonafide bad guys.