FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Don't get scammed!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #77
Southern Wolf
Dean... let me better clairy my stance.

Yes... I know my address is easy to find (if you know where and how to look). NO Im not giving it out to just anybody that asks.

Sure... If I send you a package it will be there... its part of the business, but if someone says hey... I want to buy one of your snakes, whats your addresss. Wait till the box arrives.

Therefore if we have not already done business and your looking at my place on google earth or where ever.... then your a stalker. You dug very deep to find me.

Here is the part your not seeing from my point of view. Im in law enforcement... and I make enemies. It comes with the job. There is no way around it. If I have NOT givin you my addy and your asking about things in my front yard then that is an immediate red flag for me.... and its over with. I dont care what the price of the sale or trade is. You can call me paranoid if ya like.... but I call it self preservation.... I have to... with what I do for a living.

As to your deal.... maybe you had givin him your addy before the request and he looked you up. That in of itself would kinda freak me out, but if he had your addy before the request was made then I could see why you would be willing to honor the request.

Your talking about the trade/sale amount... let me throw this out there at ya. Last year I had a HUGE part of my leo collection up for sale (in the range your talking about.... and due to the qunaity I wanst selling retail $$$) and a guy contacts me to do a trade. With my brain... Im already cautious about this one because of the amount of the leos Im parting with. He told me what he had and I responded back and told him I really didnt need what he had but would be interested in seeing some photos. He provided me with the photos and on one of them that didnt need turned into a gotta have. I told him that I would go thru with the deal if he shipped first and the animal arrived as described and pictured. If he would have asked me to walk outside and take a pic.... I would have killed the deal and would still be feeding a whole bunch of leos. Here's the kicker though.... thanks to the shipping company.... the animal I was getting got to take the scenic tour of the country and arrived a day later... the whole time me and the other guy were going back and forth on the phone trying to keep each other updated. Turns out he is in law enforcment as well.... but I still would have killed the deal... and I guarantee you he would have understood. The reason I know this is because one of the times I called he was on the job working and there was no denying what I heard in the background. I myself hear it daily.

Anyhow... hope you can see my point of view.