FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Albino Ball Python Died!!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #142
Adam Block
Ritchie, I will bite and answer your questions for one main reason. If I don't you assume so far there is a reason, that reason being quilt. I'm answering your question only because I've done nothing wrong and Kevin is not answering anything for the exact opposite reason I'm willing to.

1. Who brought it to your attention that the snake was born the same month as the show (Kevin or your very knowledgeable friend)?

Kevin in our initial phone conversation that prompted me to comprise this thread.

2. What happened to the other "day and a half" of delivery of your snake?

I've already answered this question a few pages back.

3. In your four months of study....What other "breeder" have you found that has had trouble with snakes from Nerd?

What I found out was in two conversations, the first with Rusty's partner and the second with Kevin. That's why I decided to probe further.

4. Why did you wait four months after death. six months after purchase to complain?

I've answered this no less then twice in this thread fairly clearly.

5. Can we see the necropsy report?

There are a few things at this point I'm going to post after Kevin chimes in to dispel a few of the things going around. Only because he's making contradictory statements to the information I have and I would like to know where the truth lays. You have my word however it will be posted.

[b}6. can we see the genetics report?[/b]

This you would have to ask Kevin for as I don't know the genetics other then albino. Kevin has been rumored to keep excellent records and has the largest genetic diversity in the County.

7. can you illuminate these "rumors" about Nerd? (anything concrete or is it just the competition crying about prices?)

The issue at hand there wasn't crying. It was a broken promise motivated by money. If he's willing to break promises to his customers because "he needs money" it's not a far stretch to think he'll sell animals too young.

You also keep asking about why the age of the snake wasn't asked. They'd said the snake has been eating great and mention the number of food items the snake had eaten. Given that information and the reputation of NERD was good enough. Unless Kevin fed that snake one meal a day from the day it hatched the information given by them was false.

Kevin isn't going to answer these questions. There are people blindly defending him but not thinking about what if Kevin did sell a 5-day-old snake to somebody because he "needed money". Every time I'm asked to post something and do it gets swept under the carpet at that point. Well, you're not going to be able to keep doing that.

As for me saying it was a genetics issue. That was a lack of education on my end. Cheri helped with that to all of our benefit however. I was under the impression a snake that young couldn't die from gout at such a young age. With the thought that it's either care related or genetic given that the information I read said it was too young of a snake to be a care issue I thought logically it might have been genetic.

No holds in my story guys. I'm complaining about a person I spent the least amount of money with in Daytona and one of the less expensive snakes. If money were my motivation this post wouldn't be about Kevin.

Fact of it comes down to Kevin's being the only snake I've had die like this in the past five years.

Adam Block