FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Albino Ball Python Died!!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 02:17 PM   #145
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Just looking at the first site I could find ball phythons-Bob Clark it mentions 2 months little contact and establishing a feeding pattern
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby ball pythons are about 10 inches in length and are very shy. They will usually feed after the first shed. They should have a hide box and not be held often during their first few months of life to establish a good feeding pattern.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually... It does not mention "Two"...

"A few" is not a concrete number, it means more than one but not very many...

"A couple" or "A pair" or the words "Two Months" would indicate a specific time period as you stated... If you are going to provide information of this nature, don't change it in paraphrasing while providing the quote in the same post... It detracts significantly from your credibility.

Thanks.

Secondly... Everyone who is saying that a representative from NERD has read this thread, I ask you to consider three things...
One, it is pure conjecture on your part.
Two, I know I often leave my computer online and idling, even on websites while doing other things... not saying this is the case but it is certainly a possibility.
Three, NERD has a number of employees, it is not Kevin alone, it is possible it is an individual who is unwilling or unable to comment rather than Kevin himself.

While it may not have been the definitive "It was hatched on this date, sold on this date." answer that people are looking for, listing their practices and standards without mentioning any deviation or unusual circumstances sounds like an answer to me.

Adam, you did not answer the question of what happened to the snake in the period of time after your thirty six hour drive estimation and the time at which you obtained possession of the animal.

You really haven't answered the other questions that you claimed you did earlier either... Maybe you read them wrong and thought you already addressed the issues, perhaps re-reading them and providing the information would be a bit more effective for establishing your arguments here.

Reputation or profile is certainly not a reason to place an individual beyond reproach however a large number of positive transactions and a small (or possibly even non-existent) number of poor transactions indicates a pattern. When that pattern continues over a number of years, it tends to give the participant additional credibility. Especially when the issue of contention is with someone who has a very poor reputation in their own dealings and a tendency towards megalomania and a history of self serving manipulatory lies.

Adam, it will help matters greatly if you simply provide your proof and let people judge it, none of this waiting until something else occurs, if you have it, post it. Answering the questions Ritchie posed, even if you think you already answered them would be beneficial as well. I also have a couple questions of my own for you to answer...

How old are you Adam? Not that it pertains much to the thread but it has been bothering me that you stated you had twenty three years of experience and, if it is not true, it is quite telling about your willingness to lie or manipulate fact for your own purpose.

What are the chances that your friend gave you the wrong information for the snakes in question? My understanding was (correct me if I'm wrong I'm too lazy to go find the quote) that three ball pythons were purchased at that show, two albinos, only one from NERD and a het female. If you could give a clear and distinct List of what you think the specifics are for each animal, please do... "Albino from NERD, came with feed card, born X/X/XX, fed X times." or the like, for each animal.

Kevin, if you are reading this, a simple and concrete number for a hatch date would be quite helpful to your cause... And if you wouldn't mind answering one question I have...

Do you provide feed history cards with sales and is the pictured feed card something you gave out with one of your animals?