FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rich Z (WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 11:36 PM   #50
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Before you talk to anyone, get an overview on insurance in general, and your insurance, there is a lot of good info on the internet.
For instance, my insurance declined to pay for some of the tests done around the time I was diagnosed with diabetes. This meant that the lab was not paid. But due to the arrangements and contracts between the insurance company and the labs, doctors, etc. it was not my responsibility either, so I did not have to pay.
Sometimes labs and doctors offices will send bills just to try to shake the tree and see if any money falls out. Read and understand your policy, and don't pay for anything the insurance declines until you are satisfied that it is valid (and why) according to your insurance policy.
I will just see how it plays out. The statements we got do say that the denied payments are not our responsibility, and there are some line item descriptions stating that the denials are from billing errors, so who knows?

As far as I am concerned Connie and I have paid for health insurance all our lives. So they OWE us now when we actually need them.

We are both now on Medicare with Capital Health Plan, which is supposed to be one of the most highly rated health insurance plans in the country.