FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Robert Sloan of Dallas, TX
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 01:27 PM   #153
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If you have an issue with him, you can expect him to drop out of sight while releasing Evan the pit bull (my apologies to pit bulls, most are nicer than Evan has been in this thread).
In any case, in general, the first step in good problem solving is communication, and Steve Garvin gets an 'F'.
While I never really bought into the philosophy that someone should fully clam up once they procure legal representation - that there's much strategic value in keeping actual facts hidden - there have been numerous times when you've gone out of your way to point out that the first thing someone's lawyer would have told them to do is stop replying. Now, when someone seems to be heeding that advice, you want to hold it against him.

Even Sloan's own screenshot shows that there was more to the communication stream than what he's chosen to reveal. With that in mind, we really don't know how hard Steve may have tried to get the situation resolved before he ceased communications. Considering that neither of the directly involved parties who've participated in this thread have much credibility, I'd say we really need some verifiable input from Steve before deciding just how much of the blame is his. If Sloan's hiding correspondence that shows Steve asking for a refund and being told to go himself, the subsequent drop in communication seems like it should make sense to anyone who believes that a lawyer should then do the rest of the talking.