FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - for Fred Tom and Kim
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 05:44 PM   #4
Classic Dum's
yes i agree its a valed point, and yes the vet guy did see that but there is no mites to discuss here, we can what if till were blue in the face and its doing none of us any good, when he found out about the ibd all those animals were isolated he had bought a large group from the guy, well no mites past or present to report because unlike most everyone else here before  I started what ifing and running in cirlces that was one of my 1st question to Bill are mites a factor in this? he said no I asked if he has had any prior to this that could still be laying dormate somehwere in his building, once again the answer was no, but ill tell ya one thing that spoke volumes to me about the man was without a second thought or concern for the money invested or possible thousands in lost sales over these animals he donated the remaining animals from that source to research of IBD, he didnt care about the money, the guy did the right thing but he gets slammed from everyone, the kid got animals to replace those from Bills personal collection that had never been exposed to those(unless the kid exposed them if thats the case that is his own fault) so what more was he to do? once he was given actual proof of the IBD the rest of the group got donated to research he made good with the kid whats he to do? stop selling? there was no mites,(and NO this cant be passed by your hands either)  so what good would that have done? we can all what if and jump to conclusions but this is all it does is create confusion, also did you know the university of FL is looking for boas that are not positive for IBD, they have tested aniamls that they didnt belive have it guess what they were carriers, you would know what that means ALL of our boas are carriers, every single one, scarry isnt it, now dont go jumping off a bridge with that conclusion............