FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:00 AM   #44
adder
Lucille and strike-force-reptiles both take a deep breath and calm down.
I am not trying to control you.
I have already conceded your right to dislike venomoids and everyting about them.
Happy?
What I came to this thread about and my only reason was to correct obvious misinformation and/or lies on the said subject.
My original post noted the error of the claim that it was hard to differentiate muscle from organ tissue, given that false claim was used here as a basis to claim venomoids were not safe.
Venomoids by defnition are safe as they have no venom.
That's been established here for years and to the satisfaction of the worksafe authorities and the world's best vet surgeons and the numerous people who have volunteered to take bites from the said snakes!
So the claims and arguments against venomoids if legitimate, must move beyond the false claims that the operation is not possible (this was the original claim) and/or that venom gland regenerates, which we have established they don't.
Now you can have other objections against venomoids and they don't even have to make sense, but all I ask (and perhaps it's an impossible dream) is that you stick to facts and not lies.
ALL THE BEST:deadh orse