FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - what to do with a gecko at end of life?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 01:34 AM   #10
Spot
I have a great update to report!!

The vet saw a bad infection near his cloaca which we are guessing was from struggling with a bad shed. (It was pretty bad, but I just never saw it because I never thought to flip him over and check...) She gave us several options and we opted to give Spot the best chance possible. So although pricy, we took him to the vet 3x a week to get antibiotic injections. The vet also sent us home with stuff to give him daily betadine bath, pain relief ointment and formula for syringe feeding.

After 3 weeks, the infected area is almost cleared and he ate on his own yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months!! My son has been meticulous and diligent in Spot's care and the little guy has now starting to gain weight!! He has one more antibiotic injection left but I think he is out of the woods and we hope he will start to fatten up his tail again!!

In the past, we only helped with shed around his toes and tail tips with warm q-tips, but now, we will be more proactive, especially since my son is a pro at giving him baths now!!

Thank you to those who posted with kind tips and support. I am very happy to give you this great update!!