FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - for sale
Thread: for sale
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #34
herpetological
Fyi

American Alligators are illegal to posses without a permit in a number of states: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, New York, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Illinois, California, N. Carolina, Arkansas, Tennesse, etc. (This is just off the top of my head, I may have missed a few) In addition in many of these states it lists all crocodilians. In Florida you have to have 1,000 hours or one years experience, get a letter of approval from the county or municipality you live in, meet minimum caging requirements, go through an inspection, and last but, not least...have a good reason for needing the permit. Secondly you can apply for an alligator farm license...No reason to go into the details on this one at the moment. Oh, lets not forget the fees and transport paperwork that has to be kept. I hope anyone selling alligators...Shipping out of Florida...Must file a transport permit or it's illegal. This tracks the origion and destination of the specimens. I know that seems discouraging however, if you were aware of how many alligators we get sent to us on rescues, the laws make sense. Sorry about chiming in on the sales just trying to help out. If anyone needs anymore info or crocodilian care sheets I'd be happy to help. Thanks , hrpbrdrsch@netzero.net