FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is This a Good Idea?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #46
Lonermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
Ok, listen up..... You are right, the insults can be uncalled for at times..... The mocc is beautiful as are all N. American pit vipers..... And you may not be a complete moron...... I still doubt you have a 189..... But you need to understand the serverity of the situation at hand..... Your photo post shows everyone this.....
0 respect for venomous snakes.
0 reguard for this hobby. Your actions can push banning.
0 regaurd for the resposable hot keepers that take every precaution.
0 respect for the laws in your area.
You are also showing new people that cutting corners and freehandling might be OK in some situations but in reality there is no situation that calls for freehandling.....

This is how I see you at this point..... You are a person that has very little knowledge on venomous snakes and venom..... You are misinformed as to the nature of these animals...... You lack respect for what they can do to you if you are bitten during freehandling...... You do not understand exactly what a bite to you can do to the rest of us that do the right thing by not putting ourselves in a situation like you do.....

I also see that you like these animals..... But unfortunatly, that is not enough..... You need to respect them...... And that is something you CLEARLY do not do..... Hopefully the person willing to train you will wake you up a bit..... I still cant see how a licensed keeper is willing to train you, knowing you take stupid risks like this.....
Anyway, good luck....

since when are you qualified in speakign for everyone ?

ive got alot of respect for venemopus snakes and if you cant gather that from my posts then your really not reading them

my actions ? i posted one picture and the minute i realised that it offended anyone i removed it . you wanna threaten me with banishment for standing up to false accusations and slams on my character . i dont wanan be banned , but i will NEVER sit back and take crap without having my fair say . in real life or the internet i wont be abused and sit there silently . only on the internet i respond much more politely .

as for respect . i dont feel that i have disrespected anyone . if you feel that ive disrespected you by posting a picture then you have some issues that have nothjgin to do with me .

no respect for the laws in my area ? hmm you must have missed where i have repetedly mentioned that i no longer possess an illegal snake amd am willing to devote a huge chunk of my life (1000 hours to be exact) with no pay towards makign it legal for me to own a venemous snake .you also must have missed where i stated that i would in no way from this point on do ANYTHING to risk that legal right .

you might wanna look back . everythign i said has been an answer to a question or an accusation that you or one of your well respected friends has thrown out . are you honestly gonna sit there and tell me that i cant respond and answer the questiond that you have posed to me ? if your didnt want my answers or my comments then you shouldnt have said anythign . but i dont give a damn if your the forumn monitor or not , as i previopusly stated... you make an accusation agaisnt me , im gonna answer back . you ask me a question im g0onna answer .

as for what i do or dont know . you really have no possible way of knowing . the fact that i handled a snake in an impoprer manner doesnt mean that i know any less .you would assume that i couldnt possibly know having done that . well youd be wrong . nor as so many of you are assuming , does it mean that this is somethign that often do . in fact there jsut assumptions .

and i dont claim to know evertyhtng . in fact ive admiotted id like to learn more from others that have more formal training .

and so far all ive learned here is that people will see somehtign they dont like and turn it into a crusade based on there own specualtions and hair brained assumptions . and every time you post another accusation or try to psycho analise me or things that i have said . you only drive this point further home . you attack i resond . you dont liek the response dont launch the attack . buit dont for a minute imagine that i will sit idly by and keep my mouth shut . i have apoagised for offending others withthe picture , i have removed the picture , i have admitted that what i did wasnt wise . yet still you and others persist in haranguing me . and now you wanna threaten me with bannishment . :scatter: