FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Death Penalty
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 07:22 PM   #12
bcfos
Well don't get me wrong I am a firm believer in "do the crime do the time" except our justice system has some big flaws in it which need to be fixed. Also the days of beating a confession out of a suspect are long gone. Half my family is in law enforcement as cops. state troopers, district attorneys, or judges. The other half is defence lawyers and criminal elements of our society. This makes for a very interesting family reunion. Say "Uncle Joe" had some problems with a RICO charge or something else with his continuing criminal enterprise. Well "Uncle Wayne" sees him at the reunion and is all about "Why the hell is he not in jail?". I see it from both sides every day with my family. One side locks up the other side all the time. It gets quite comical at times but you see the loopholes the criminals can use and you also see the problems with the justice system where an innocent person can be convicted of a crime they didn't do.

When I went to school I wanted to be the one to make a difference. I started out wanting to be a forensic pathologist, but after doing a semester in a very large coroners office outside of Atlanta I decided I could not take it. Dead bodies never bothered me, but seeing kids come in who were beaten to death, burned, dunked in boiling water untill they died was a bit much for me to take. The uncles and cousins I have who are cops I have asked many times how they can see such things and not just go and put a round or two in their parents head for doing that to a child. They say it isn't easy but you have to keep your cool and let justice work. People who do stuff like this to kids have a special place in hell I hope.