FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Jamaican Boas Breeding
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #51
cguarino30
Yesterday was their second feeding, and I have good news to report. 19 of the 28 ate f/t chick thighs with no prompting (left overnight). It would have been 20, but I spooked one when I went to take a picture mid-swallow. I'm upset with myself for making such a rookie mistake, but I'll offer another one today and hopefully that one will also eat.

This leaves me with only 8 hatchlings that have yet to eat a single meal. None of these 8 were any of the escapees (and therefore, have had less exercise), and oddly enough, 7 of the 8 are all placed on the same level of my hatchling rack, so some temp checking may also be in order. However, due to the high increase of feeding from last week's 9 to this weeks 19 (or really 20, since the other one had opted to eat), I'm fairly confident that over time, they will all be easy feeders. I've snapped a couple random pics of the dam and the one (lousy) shot I got of the little one eating, right before it spit out the food. (still so mad at myself for that) Enjoy.
Attached Images