FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 👍 Ring doorbell
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
WebSlave
I find little video doodads like this pretty interesting. I've been using game trail cams on my property for years, but having something that would be real time video at unlimited distances would be a lot more handy. Of course this device you are referring to is not the same thing I'm waiting for, but with the technology leaps, I figure it is just a matter of time. Things we have available now were unthinkable 20 years ago. And that gap between "unthinkable" and "here it is on Amazon" is shrinking rapidly.

Of course, the dark side of this is that it is pretty safe to assume that no matter where you go it is a very good chance YOU can be under surveillance by someone if they want to check on you. Heck, I taped over the little cameras that come on my laptop computers long ago. And as for the smart phones the wife and I have, if they can see through the places we have them stored, then technology is WAY ahead of what I believe it might be. Talk of the "smart home" run by Google, Amazon, Apple, or whoever, just makes my skin crawl.

But I guess surveillance always seems like a better idea to the serveillors than to the surveilled. I've seen this with the topic of flying drones, whereby a lot of people just get actively hostile even of the mere idea that a drone up on the sky might be spying on them. Regardless of the fact that most people just don't have or do anything that would be of interest to another soul. The fact that their neighbor now CAN put an eye in the sky above their house invokes a pronounced defensive mechanism.

One thing for certain, though, it's likely to get worse and likely never better. BIG BROTHER is watching you.