FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info BHB Reptiles
Thread: Info BHB Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #45
RobNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Just Curious~ View Post
I still feel that BHB made a bunch of mistakes here of course. Surprisingly big ones at that and I think it'll make everyone think twice about buying from them at the moment. (I know I certainly wouldn't right now) You got burned and that really does suck. I hope that your money is quickly refunded and that you don't develop a mite problem from this ordeal. =( I'm just... not as quick to write them off completely because I've seen them do good before and I'm hoping they can pick themselves back up. That's it.
A bunch of mistakes seems to be a bit of an overstatement. And where exactly did the OP get burned? The snake was received, problem was noted, resolution offered, snake sent back... Plenty of people here have gotten burned, and I've not seen one that was handled so quickly or professionally.

I've never bought from BHB, never have particularly wanted to, but never have seen them as a business to avoid. There seems to be a lot of assumptions being tossed around here. As Rich pointed out, as ANY business grows, there is more room for error due to the human factor as more people are involved in the daily workings of the business. I won't touch on the other thread about them, but in this case, I don't see how they could have handled things any better. Of course it's easy to say to not let these things happen to begin with, but that's much easier said than done. Who here can run a business with multiple employees dealing with tens of thousands of live animals, have your hands full with other things as well, and then personally oversee that every single transaction goes flawlessly?

I'm not sticking up for BHB, but there was not really a disservice done here. People on this site tend to stick by the mantra, "it doesn't matter how many good tranactions one has had, but what matter is how they handle the bad ones", and in this case, Brian/BHB has handled it as well as anyone else could have. Just my opinion.