FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Purple Translucent Siblings
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Ambitions View Post
Sorry but i agree.
Tom has some dragons that are FREKIN AMAZING.
BloodBank also has Amazing dragons.
No clue if Toms bloodline is or is Not related Bloodbank.
However Tom has some of the most Amazing dragons I have seen Yet at un comparable prices, best I have seen yet.
??? i know this isnt a breeder battle and not trying to harp on your dragons
Bloodbank But is the purple a co-dom trait or no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful88 View Post
If it is a heterozygous trait, what are the chances you'll come across another purple (or even purple-ish) colored dragon that is unrelated? i would guess not high. I'm inclined to agree with you, Tom

If you can only get purple colored dragons with the trans gene, then i guess would make it heterozygous.. so i guess my question would be can only dragons that are trans have this color?

edit-- I don't know if my question makes sense... but to make myself a little clearer: "is the purple coloration separable from the trans gene?"
No not a battle at all!!! but those translucents are being advertised with the purple translucent, that's not for sale.. and why put the purple trans in the ad if those animals wont for sure reproduce more purple translucents. that why i wanna know whats up with the bloodline???

Daniel: I have seen Steven with some purple translucents (very few), and i have seen Alpha dragons with "lavender" translucent. that have the purple markings (very few, and i havent seen any from him this year so maybe that breeding went south!)... but since there both translucents thats you cant cross them! you would have to take the hets from one breeder and the actual purple translucents from the other breeder to maybe up the possibility to produce "purple translucents"... And then even from there what are the odds????

I have and produced translucents, from normal translucents, hypo translucents, trans leathers, and hypo translucents leathers. I havent come close to seeing purple in any of my translucents. I have seen some beautiful blues that usually color in as they get bigger. but nothing purple.

AS far as the "purple coloration" and being apart of the "translucent gene" i know i have seen animals that have been known as a "lavender" color but its no purple! or really even looks purple.