FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Heat wave
Thread: Heat wave
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 02:36 AM   #10
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Got some new flowers blooming, but I know darn right well that my camera lens will fog over immediately when I take it outside.
I figured out what to do about this for my usage and problems related to a fogged lens when rapidly moving from indoors to outdoors. I keep my camera on one of my incubator shelves in the 80s. No more trouble when I need to immediately take outdoor photos in high humidity combined with high heat. You might find a similar solution. They have smaller electric food warmers and things of that nature. Could keep gear stowed in one of those or something that works similarly. Or an enclosed box on a seedling heat mat. Or.... More about the principle than the technology selected.

It was a real PITA to miss fleeting shots of rapid-moving native creatures or to miss breeding events between animals of special lineages that I wanted to document so as to supply adequate evidence of said events to interested parties, so it one day dawned on me to proceed as described above. It has saved me much in the way of frustration.