FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kansas Herping Time!!
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
old guy
Gads sppeavy, same here in my

" niche " of the world ( Kansas ). Reading other field reports including other web-sites, it's like Kansas has movement of herps way before other states in all species or at least numbers. What I find amazing is other places, west Texas for example as to my other field collecting state , hasn't been reported in. AND we have been warmer some what but not that much. It could be a lack of herpers going out yet in other regions. By all reports of our state, there has been observation of thousands ( include the ringnecks here though , LOL ! ) herps already out. I also think that the weather system that we have encountered recently has a lot to do with what we have seen out. What do some of you all think....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeavy
Yep, sure did. Sorry I dont have the setup to show pictures. In the past two weeks, I have found 100s of ringnecks, 5 lined snakes, 1 brown snake, 12 collard lizards, 18 great plains skinks, 6 coal skinks, 100s of wall lizards, 14 race runners, 9 red-sided garters, 7 yellow-bellied racers, 5 great plains rat snakes, 1 prairie kingsnake, 1 red milksnake, 2 banded water snakes, 100s of painted turtles, 1 western masasauga, and tons of frogs. Also have seen alot of DORs............1 masasauga, 1 speckled king, 1 prairie king, and many others.