FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy dont get scam on (pecus kum. kha)from Cameroon
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Rui -
Sounds like you have hopefully learned a hard lesson, one that could have been completely avoided. I'll share a couple of observations and red flags for both your benefit and others. This isn't intended to beat you up as I assume you already feel pretty stupid over the whole thing.

1. USE PRIVATE MESSAGE: Stop posting your phone number and email in your ads. Stop. Tell people to use Fauna's "Private Message". You left both your email and phone number exposed for a scammer to see, and guess what, he saw it. Go and delete your old posts which still have your contact info for the whole world to see.

2. BOI SEARCH 1st: Stop buying from people who you have not done a BOI search on 1st. If you buy from unknown people, then this is the gamble you take and you lost.

3. AFRICA: Don't buy from Africa. If someone says they are from Africa, 99.9999% chance it is a scam. Unless you are some sort of established importer with direct ties to an equally established exporter in Africa, it is a scam. Cameroon & Nigeria house the biggest pockets of scammers.

4. DRIVERS LICENSE: Don't send any unknown seller your ID. Use your brain for crying out loud.

5. EMAIL SEARCH: Within 10 seconds I ran a Google search on the email you supplied. That email posted another ad online. Claiming to be from Prague, with a white arm. Red flags!

6. DESPERATION: Stop being so desperate for what you want. Scammers know people will do super stupid stuff for things they really want. Just because you want a turtle doesn't mean you get to toss out common sense. Think first. Inquire first. Study first. Protect yourself first.

Good luck Rui. You made many repeated mistakes. Hopefully you will learn from this and not do it again.
Attached Images