FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Metabolic Bone Disease?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
o0 RYAN 0o
Metabolic Bone Disease?

We bought a new gecko at the Lititz reptile show today, and unfortunatly, some of the breeders are not as honest as we'd like them to be. Ryan and I got a beautiful tangerine albino male, and when we got him home, he's dragging his right back leg and trying not to use it. We've seen him use it, but we've also seen him drag both. We talked to Shannan and she said it may be the start of MBD, but we'd like anyone elses opinion on it, and really..where to go from here. I already started to look up some information online, but I'd rather get some from people we trust a little more. ANY information will be helpful at this point! Thanks!

We think this may be something more recent because otherwise, he looked very healthy. He's pretty active, brightly colored and he weighs over 50 grams. We just took a video quicktime video of him. I compressed it quickly so the quality is just okay but 600kb is way better than 10.2mb.

Here's the link: http://www.ryanroth.com/mbd.mov

He pretty much seems to be having trouble from the hips back. He really doesn't want to use either of his back legs it seems now. Again any help and info is greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.