FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - savannah monitor sick
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
crossfire79
savannah monitor sick

I have a 5 1/2 year old savannah monitor that for the first time ever in his life has stopped eating, I have been having to force feed him food and now water all weekend, last week he would still drink water on his own if i offered it. His tail is shrinking up like when they are dehydrated, all he wants to do is be very hot, he has never wanted to be this hot before and sleep this much.

For a couple of months now he has been going to the bathroom in his water dish every day instead of every few days, I have fed him med rat three times but on the 4th time he threw it up, after that he ate 3 large mice about 3 weeks ago and has stopped eating completely now. I need to know whether his is something that will go or away or if I have to put him down. On monday we are going back to the vet with a stool sample and to get him x rayed to make sure he didn't get away form me and eat something stupid. I do not have a wife or significant other, this lizard is what I look forward to coming home to see everyday after work and means a lot to me, he has been my best friend for the last 5 years and i owe it to him to try and save him if I can. I would appreciate any help in this matter, the vet i go to in not in any regards a reptile expert.