FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dom or Co-Dom
Thread: Dom or Co-Dom
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
jguyer1
Most are simple recessive.

Bloodred or Diffusion is more of an incomplete dominant trait than a simple recessive because when you breed a bloodred to anything else some of the Blood bleeds through onto the hatchling making what is basically a visible het.

Here is a photographic example of what I'm talking about:

That is the result of breeding a male snow het hypo to a bloodred in '07. He is an Outcrossed Bloodred het for amel, anery, 50% het hypo. I have a lot of these from breeding my bloodred female to different morphs over the years.

Ultra is a simple recessive trait as when bred to a dominant normal corn you will get hets, but when paired up with an amel it acts similar to a co dom and you end up with 1/4 Ultra, 1/2 Ultramel, 1/4 amel.

Also Motley and Stripe are simple recessives but act kind of codominantly when paired together. Breed a Mot to a Stripe and you'll end up with roughly 1/2 Mots and 1/2 Striped Mots.

Tessera is widely believed to be the first true codominant trait (as far as I know) in corns. This is still being tested though to see if there is a super form.