FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bearded Dragon Coughing.
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Milo12111
Right now he is in a 10g tank, and he has two 75w lights from Sun Glo, it's all I can afford right now, and his nightly temp has been dropping lately because one of his nightlights burnt out, so I put a towel around the top of the tank to try and keep the warmth in. His day time basking spot is about 110 and the coolest area is 82-85, and nightly temps have been hitting 70-72 and a couple times hit 68. I feel absolutely horrible. I put a heat rock in there but he hated it so I took it out.
When I got him he was really bad off, the tank he was in had lots of sand and they just threw crickets in there, and they had no water, he was only about 2-3 weeks old and the people did not know how to take care of him and his brother at all. So, I bought them and tried my best to keep both of them alive but only Milo survived. Because of that he has a hard time eating his vegetables, so the main park of his diet is beetles and crickets. I try to force him to eat cabbage and lettuce and sometimes I can get him to eat it without me. I do feed him banana though, he really enjoys that. I have to hand feed him water, also because of when I first got him.
I bathe him regularly, too.
When I first noticed the coughing, it was when I was giving him water, so I sort of just shrugged it off thinking he has inhaled some. Then he started to making a clicking sound. I have only caught him coughing twice but he makes the clicking sound often.
Lately he hasn't been really eating the bugs either though, he will eat 2-3 and just stop.