FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #155
Cat_72
As always, Gary, you seem to be offering up excellent posts with some well thought-out and rational ideas...and inspiring some productive conversation. Thank you for that.

In re-reading my own posts, I see where it appears that my thoughts on the issue may be narrow minded, and I do apologize for perhaps my thoughts are not so clear. My only excuse is that when I read posts like this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
the only places usark should be proposing these kinda rulse is places like NY where there is a ban so people that are already keeping animals can get some kinda license instead of being considered criminals. thats the only time its ok to compromise when its for getting back you freedoms not for loosing them.
...it makes me a little crazy, lol. It is thought like THAT - "We cannot allow ANY sort of compromise until it is too late" - that does it. I was not in any way saying that USARK is the be-all end-all in this, only that Rodney's way of thinking is fatally flawed, and that we should be thankful that these folks are out there doing what they are doing for us. Does this mean that we shouldn't have any input, and just blindly support everything they do? No. My point is that we should ALL be out there doing whatever we can do, and taking it upon ourselves to speak up and provide that input to those who really matter, and have the time and ability to make our voices count.

Standing by and screaming about being unwilling to compromise only makes the opposing school of thought dig in their feet and refuse to compromise as well, in my experience. A group of people who are willing to respectfully take a stand, yet be willing to intelligently and rationally discuss, and be willing to negotiate some sort of compromise ONLY if needed is what is going to keep us from losing our animals entirely. USARK is doing their best to do that.

If you like what they are doing, don't sit around and throw a bunch of crazy claims, complaints, rants, and gibberish out on an internet forum...get your head out of your posterior, get your facts straight. Be willing to actually HEAR what others have to say, and keep your mind open to learning from them...and THEN make your voice heard, before it is too late.