FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Emergency bearded help!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 09:03 PM   #2
MatthewM
Sounds like

Have you been dusting with calcium with d3, and providing UVB light? Sounds very similar to the symptoms they show when they are calcium deficient. If you have not been providing calcium w D3 and not providing a good UVB source for your beardie I recommend you do that quick. A good supplement would be Rep-Cal with vitamin d3 (pink label). I would also get a good UVB providing bulb if you do not have one like a Repti-Sun 5.0 fluorescent or a Powersun Mercury Vapor Bulb.

If you have not been using any supplements you need to dust the crickets once a day in the calcium powder for young growing beardies. To get it in the system fast I would buy some chicken or squash baby food, and mix a pinch or two of the calcium supplement into the baby food, and feed by syringe.

If you have been providing the calcium all along it may be impaction as symptoms are similar. Try the calcium, and try giving the beardie warm soaks to see if you can get a bowel movement. If tremors don't stop or get worse a vet will be needed. A vet can give a shot that would work right away if calcium is the problem, and will be able to help pass the impaction if that's the case.

Good Luck with your beardie!!