FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Constrictor Rule Comment Open
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #42
Night10gail
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbord9 View Post
This sucks. My local reptile group is laughing/celebrating and shitting on anyone who is less than thrilled with the ban, or who thinks other reptiles will come next. Super depressing to see reptile people attacking the hobby like that. I hope that my area isn't indicative of the average herp keepers attitude towards these legislative/exectuive acts...
Coolbord9: I won't lie I celebrated a little. I celebrated the bitter sweet small victory that thanks to USARK the Federal Wildlife department didn't add all boa constrictors as well. 1 less hit is still one hit dodged. We won a round but lost the match so to speak. I was one of the people who got that sigh of relief, while many others I know did not get any silver lining. I still feed upset about all this Lacey Act stuff and I know it's only a matter of time until boa constrictors are up for review yet again. I just recently found a new found like of anacondas too, but when and if I have the space for a large snake it would've been a Burmese Python, which thanks to USFWS is and will continue to be nearly impossible to find ever for me.