FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 01:01 AM   #2
WebSlave
Concerning the Daytona Beach Expo

Just in case everyone interested did not get this email from Wayne Hill:

Quote:
To All Expo Vendors:
I have recently been contacted by Lt. Rick Brown of FL Wildlife Commission informing me of a new enforcement plan. This new plan will be implemented starting with the Breeders' Expo in August and continuing for all other shows in FL thereafter. The plan is that any non Florida resident who does not possess the proper permits at the show will no longer be issued a citation to appear in court, but will be taken to the county jail and offered the opportunity to post a $250 bail. This is in response to out of state vendors displaying reptiles without permits at numerous smaller shows around the state who, when cited to appear in court at at later date, do not show.
I will remind you that the application for a permit to sell and display reptiles in the State of FL is always included in the vendor's package. You must have the permit or a copy of it with you at the show since it is subject to inspection by agents of the FL Wildlife Commission. The Expo has been chosen to begin the new enforcement plan because so many herp vendors are present. Let's show the FL Wildlife Commission how professional our vendors are by having 100% compliance with the permitting rules.
Look forward to seeing you in 2 weeks.
Wayne Hill